Accepted submissions will be published on a rolling basis and featured in either the latest collection or the following. Collections will be published when we feel we have the right work for the journal. A selection of poems will be anthologised in print March 2023.
Please read this page carefully before sending us your work
What we are looking for
- 3 poems in open form (free verse) that address themes around ancestry, the natural world, finding
the extraordinary in the ordinary or the magic of everyday things.
- Previously unpublished poems only.
- Inventive and considered use of language and a good awareness and understanding of poetic devices.
- Attention to detail and careful consideration of grammar.
- Work that reimagines in unusual, edgy, surprising or thought provoking ways.
What we are not looking for
- Poetry that deliberately tries to obfuscate
- Predictable rhyme (irregular verse is fine/great)
- Overly sentimental or therapeutic writing
- Very long poems
- Accompanying photos or illustrations
No submission fees! We have received a small amount of funding to cover our costs.
- Please share your poems in one Word doc (one poem per page) in Arial 12 point font.
- Please number your pages.
- In a separate Word doc please write a short bio of 50 words in the third person.
- Please write POETRY SUBMISSION in the subject line of your email.
- All are welcome to submit.
- We encourage submissions from poets from diverse and traditionally underrepresented backgrounds and
are keen to hear from poets from the Indian subcontinent and its diaspora and new and emerging poets.
- International submissions welcome.
- Poems will be published permanently online and if selected also in a print anthology. We therefore
ask that you do not re-publish your poems elsewhere until 6 months after the print anthology if selected.
- We accept multiple submissions but please let us know if your work has found a home elsewhere.
- We hope to make a decision within 4 weeks.
- Once an email of acceptance has been sent, withdrawals will not be accepted.
- If you are selected to contribute to the print anthology, you will receive a complimentary copy of the publication.
- Minor edits may be made to correct spelling and punctuation before publishing. More significant edits will be discussed with the author prior to publication.
- We do not send rejection emails. If your work has been accepted you will be notified within 4 weeks of submission.
- We do not offer payment at the moment but this may change in the future if we receive more funding.
Thank you for considering us as a home for your work. We very much look forward to reading it carefully.
Please send your 3 poems to: firstname.lastname@example.org